Success in life is founded in believing in your ability to succeed. If we practise skills that promote positive thought, we can learn to be more positive.
- Give your child small goals that they can achieve.
2. Parents need to be role models, displaying an image of confidence: sharing their positive moments with their children.
3. Make a list of what children are thankful about.
4. Give children chores around the house that they can achieve.
5. Give children opportunities to experience success in all areas. Give them opportunity to participate in things they are good at e.g ballet, soccer etc.
6. Promote positive self talk in your child i.e. I am a good friend, I am kind, I try new things, I don’t give up, I am a good helper.
Neurologist Dr Richard Davidson comments, “the brain is plastic and can be trained to be more emotionally resilient “.
If we practise skills that promote positive thought, we can learn to be more positive.